The result is here, with a small version to the right. Over at the site, you can click to hide/reveal each individual element of the card, to see how it's put together.
The pieces are:
- A gear cut out from this clock at The Clockworks Unlimited. Cutting out the gear was more tedious than I hoped, so I just cut out the top-left corner of the gear and the center, then duplicated the spokes to build a gear (you can tell if you note the repeating white spots). All three gears are the same image file, resized on the fly as necessary.
- Brown paper from an Australian stamping store.
- A vintage calendar that was way too hard to find, and then I closed the tab that had it, and now I can't find it again!
- A clock from the awesome Clipart, Etc project at the University of South Florida. If you are or know a student working on a school project, that site is great. I wish that had existed when I was in school.
- A plain HTML/CSS block for the text, using the Papyrus font if you have it, but defaulting to other fonts if you don't.
Please click through to see how it's all put together. I'm really happy with how it all came out.