Sunday, June 13, 2010

Eat the Menu: Tacodeli, Days 27 and 28

This is part of an ongoing series about my quest to try all of the yumminess at local restaurant Tacodeli. See my eat the menu tag for the other parts of the series. Scores are summarized here.

Friday, June 11
Friday I had my first item from the Ensaladas y Sopas (salads and soups) menu. The Ensalada Tacodeli (with chicken) is "A bed of romaine lettuce topped with guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, shredded cheese, onion, tomato and your choice of chicken or sirloin." I got it with the Jalapeño Ranch dressing. I'm glad I didn't get a side to go with it, because the salad was just about exactly the right size on its own. The chicken was tasty, but I think it would have been fine with just the veggies and saucy bits. I give it 0.8 moles.

Saturday, June 12
I stopped by the office yesterday for my headphones, so, of course, while I was in the area, I had to stop for some Tacodeli brunch. I had the Migas Royale Plate, "A heaping plate of our migas topped with queso, Monterrey jack cheese, avocado and pico de gallo. Served with Mexican mashed potatoes, refried black beans and tortillas." I'm glad the only other thing I have left from the breakfast menu is the Migas Taco, because I don't think I'll be ordering much non-migasy breakfast at Tacodeli anymore. The Migas Platter was super exceptionally tasty. I could try to describe it better, but you should really just go get it if you're hungry for breakfast. I give it 0.9 moles.

Summary:

  • Ensalada Tacodeli (with Chicken): 0.8 moles
  • Migas Royale Plate: 0.9 moles

I'm planning to try the Sopa Las Mañanitas tomorrow. What should I have with it?
  1. Chicken: Frontera Fundido Chicken ("Grilled chicken with sauteéd poblano pepper and onion strips glazed with melted Monterrey jack cheese.")
  2. Breakfast: Migas Taco ("Eggs scrambled with our migas mix and topped with Monterrey jack cheese.")
  3. Ensaladas y Sopa: Ensalada Verde ("A bed of romaine lettuce topped with guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, shredded cheese, onion, tomato and topped with avocado.") (Also available with Spinach)
  4. Ensaladas y Sopa: Ensalada Tacodeli ("A bed of romaine lettuce topped with guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, shredded cheese, onion, tomato and your choice of chicken or sirloin.") (Available with Chicken or Sirloin)
  5. Ensaladas y Sopa: Avocado Salad ("For avocado aficionados! Fresh avocados with a dressing made of tomatillos, serranos, cilantro and lime.")
  6. Ensaladas y Sopa: Small Side Salad
  7. Ensaladas y Sopa: Sopa Las Mañanitas ("Cuernavaca inspired tortilla soup made with a homemade chicken broth, chicken, fresh onion, tomatoes, jalapeños, cilantro, tortilla strips, avocado and lime.")
  8. Sides: Chips and Guacamole
  9. Sides: Chips and Queso
  10. Sides: Roberto's Brazo-Fuerte Dip with Chips ("A power combo of queso, guacamole, pico and spicy ground beef.")

No comments: