I headed into the office again today to knock some stuff off my plate, so of course that meant knocking something off the Tacodeli menu onto my plate for lunch.
Today's selection was the Adobo Chicken Torta. The Tortas don't have much in the way of description on the menu, except for an over-arching description: "Panini toasted Mexican sandwiches served on authentic telera buns with black bean and jalapeño spread, lettuce, tomato, onion and cheese." Presumably the adobo description from the Adobados taco applies, "Our adobo is made from scratch using chipotle, ancho and guajillo peppers." I didn't like the Adobo Torta as much as its taco cousin, but it was still pretty good. I give it 0.8 moles.
I also knocked two more sides off my list today (by getting the +$1 Platter form of the Torta). The Refried Black Beans weren't better or worse than the Black Beans as far as I could tell, so I'll give them 0.3 moles like their cousin. The Mexican Red Rice, on the other hand, was tastier than the Steamed Brown Rice, so I give it 0.4 moles.
- Adobo Chicken Torta: 0.8 moles
- Refried Black Beans: 0.3 moles
- Mexican Red Rice: 0.4 moles
That knocks three things off the too-long list of what I have left. What should I try next?
- Chicken: Frontera Fundido Chicken ("Grilled chicken with sauteéd poblano pepper and onion strips glazed with melted Monterrey jack cheese.")
- Breakfast: Migas Taco ("Eggs scrambled with our migas mix and topped with Monterrey jack cheese.")
- Breakfast: Migas Royale Plate ("A heaping plate of our migas topped with queso, Monterrey jack cheese, avocado and pico de gallo. Served with Mexican mashed potatoes, refried black beans and tortillas.")
- Breakfast: The Sirloin, Egg and Cheese ("Grilled sirloin, scrambled egg and Monterrey jack cheese.")
- Tortilla Creations: Grilled Steak Wrap ("Grilled steak with lettuce, tomato, onion and cheese rolled in a 10" tortilla.")
- Tortilla Creations: Tacodeli Quesadilla ("Our special veggie mix of carrots, onion, celery, red bell, poblano, zucchini, mushroom and cabbage sautéed to order with olive oil and sherry stuffed in a cheese quesadilla.") (Also available with Chicken or Sirloin)
- Tortas: Pepito (sirloin)
- Tortas: Pastor (pork)
- Tortas: Ranchera (chicken)
- Tortas: La Flaca (veggies)
- Ensaladas y Sopa: Ensalada Verde ("A bed of romaine lettuce topped with guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, shredded cheese, onion, tomato and topped with avocado.") (Also available with Spinach)
- Ensaladas y Sopa: Ensalada Tacodeli ("A bed of romaine lettuce topped with guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, shredded cheese, onion, tomato and your choice of chicken or sirloin.") (Available with Chicken or Sirloin)
- Ensaladas y Sopa: Avocado Salad ("For avocado aficionados! Fresh avocados with a dressing made of tomatillos, serranos, cilantro and lime.")
- Ensaladas y Sopa: Small Side Salad
- Ensaladas y Sopa: Sopa Las Mañanitas ("Cuernavaca inspired tortilla soup made with a homemade chicken broth, chicken, fresh onion, tomatoes, jalapeños, cilantro, tortilla strips, avocado and lime.")
- Sides: Chips and Guacamole
- Sides: Chips and Queso
- Sides: Roberto's Brazo-Fuerte Dip with Chips ("A power combo of queso, guacamole, pico & spicy ground beef.")
- Sides: Pinto Beans
- Sides: Sauteed Veggie Mix
- Sides: Toreados ("Three grilled whole serrano peppers.")