- Cell phones and other portable electronics may not need batteries soonish. This is super, super cool.
- I think this "friend connect" thing is neat. I haven't decided for sure yet, though.
- A Windows download lets you search your photos by filters like "snow" or "yellow." I wish someone would make something like this for online books and such. It'd let you find a page of an electronic book the same way you remember/scan for a page in a print (text)book.
- Prop 8: The Musical showed up in several blogs I read yesterday. It's good stuff.
- In 1975, Australia found out that giving a ceremonial appointee actual power and assuming he'll never use it is a really bad check-and-balance system. Since then, although they haven't yet succeeded in getting the Queen out of their constitution, they've been moving progressively toward doing so. Now Canada is learning the same lesson. I'm just excited because, as a Son of the American Revolution, there's a drive in the back of my mind that makes it exciting possibly finally drive the English monarchy completely out of North America. Come on, Canadians! You can do it!
- 538's still going strong. His analysis of the swing Senators is very interesting, at least to political wonks like me.
- Bill Richardson has officially been nominated as Secretary of Commerce. I thought that was already decided, but apparently it wasn't official yet.
- An alien comet may have entered the solar system. Neat.
- Physicists cannot be trusted.
- Holy crap, it might be possible to break up hurricanes using supersonic jets. This is just unbelievably awesome. I can't wait until they try it.\
As always, comment about these or anything else below.