Darnit, it took me a week to get back to my shared items from Google Reader again. Here goes...
- Bacon cures hangovers. Thank you once again, science! Is there anything you can't do?
- Scientists in Australia have apparently found a way to stop the body from attacking (and rejecting) organ transplants. This might be even cooler than the bacon thing.
- I found it utterly unsurprising that chimps have to take their lady friends out to dinner to get laid.
- If you ever find yourself back in time, it would be useful to have this sheet. He promises to fix the H-2-zero typo in the next printing, too.
- Slashdot points us to a tutorial on putting together a multitouch "Surface PC" for far less than the $10k Microsoft wants for theirs. I have to find some money to try this...
- My iFriend David comes up with cool ideas on his blog, and then people actually make them. That is cool.
- This almost makes me want a cat.
- It's getting close. Soon something will happen with 3d printers to revolutionize the world. This is a step in that direction.
- My former coworker Amanda has a new collection of short stories out. Her previous books have been awesome, so I highly recommend this one. Whoot, I just noticed she has Kindle editions now. Very nice.
- Woody Harrelson defended himself after attacking a photographer by claiming that he thought the photographer was a zombie. I blame McCarron.
- Disney reuses dances. I'm not terribly surprised, but at least a little.
- Google has fully integrated search-by-color into image search. Neat!
- InfoChimps is a cool website. Go vote for them.
- Microsoft did something cool. Their live search can now solve algebra equations. So far it looks like it can only handle single-variable equalities, but it's still cool.
- Amazon has almost 800 free mp3s available from their library. It's a clever trick. I'm probably going to buy at least one album based on a very good sample I downloaded.
- This has been all over the place in the almost-week since I originally shared it, but, in case you haven't seen it, the ad by the National Organization for Marriage about big bad scary gay marriage is unintentionally hilarious.
- Gov. Paterson of New York is going to introduce a same-sex marriage bill. It's about time, New York. Iowa beat you? Seriously??
As always, leave your comments on these or anything else below.